While researching for Puritan Witch
, I read many historical novels set during that era to A. Learn about the era and also B. Learn how other authors painted the 17th Century.
One of those authors happened to be Heather B. Moore and the novel I read was Condemn Me Not
. The protagonist, Susannah North Martin,
was among the 20 victims of the Salem Witch Trials and also an ancestor of Heather’s. Turns out Susannah North Martin, I found out after my books were released, is also MY 10th great grandmother!
So read on to learn more about this fellow author and distant cousin of mine!
1. To date, how many novels have you written? I’ve written over 50 novels, as well as myriad of shorter works.
2. Where can your novels be purchased? Amazon
under Heather B. Moore, H.B. Moore, or Jane Redd. Most of my books are available on Barnes & Noble
, Walmart (ebook), iBooks, Google Play, Kobo, Deseret Book, and Seagull Book.
3. Do you currently have a Work In Progress? Yes, I am currently working on a novel called The Paper Daughters of China Town. Historical Women’s Fiction.
4. How do you spend your time when you’re not writing? I watch a lot of volleyball since both of my daughters play. I also love history, so anytime I can read or watch something historical, I’m in my happy place.
5. What’s your best advice for aspiring authors? Don’t give up! Writing takes time and patience. Attend writers conferences and learn the craft to the best of your ability. We have a lot of opportunities in writing that didn’t use to exist. Now with e-book publishing, print-on-demand, and marketing on social media, writing and publishing is much more accessible than it used to be.