2020 has got to be one of the most bum years I have ever lived; chiefly due to the relentless Covid-19 pandemic.
Canceled events. Closed schools. Toilet paper shortages. Clueless and indifferent politicians. Every week 2020 bestowed upon the world some new booby prize.
Not to mention uncontrollable fires in the US and Australia, murder hornets and the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
I could go on, but I’ll stop there and list some GOOD things that happened (at least to me, personally ):
- The year started out January 1 with a visit with friends David and Colleen from Tennessee. They stayed for 4 days and we had a wonderful time.
- Over the summer I learned about ant wars from another friend, Lynn.
- Also during the summer, as nonmusical as I am, I bought and learned to play the kalimba.
- I got my RHS Queenship and started my own chapter!
5. Dave and I got to critter-sit for a whole week!
6. Lots and lots of videochats with friends and family!
7. My ROSe campaign! (Connected to the aforementioned RHS Queenship/ own Chapter).
I could go on, but I”ll end on #7 since it’s relevant to my own state of mind lately. It can be hard to keep up a positive attitude, but a negative one affects every aspect of one’s being so profoundly. I have, for some time now, been feeling quite down and I apologize to those ( and you know who you are–!) who have reached out and I haven’t quite responded. I realize mine is an extremely cyclical existence and I go through bouts like this periodically but I do always come back better and stronger.
So thank you to all the ROSes in my life ( and again, you know who you are!).
As for 2020; don’t let the door hit you on the way out!